Beautifully designed, Scalesia Lodge recently inagurated on September 2015 will offer comfort and first class service.
Scalesia Galapagos Lodge is located in the highlands of Isabela, about 20 minutes (9 miles / 14 kilometers) from Puerto Villamil. The lodge is nestled in the center of 16 hectares of property in the middle of a magical forest with a spectacular view of the coast of Isabela Island and the Pacific Ocean.
The most pristine of the 3 populated islands, Isabela is home of six large volcanoes. The island is divided into two sections, with the northern half of the island famous for its wild and remote environment characterized by shallow waters. The southern part of the island casts a shadow over the north, with its towering volcanoes and spewing fumaroles.
In terms of wildlife Isabela concentrates a vast majority of all species found in the Galapagos. In Puerto Villamil area you can find an abundance of blue footed boobies, pelicans, penguins, flamingos, herons, ducks, finches, tropical birds, sea turtles, sea lions, marine iguanas, manta rays, sharks, eals, tropical fish. Galapagos tortoises as well as land iguanas roam free in Sierra Negra Volcano. Sally lightfoot crabs, hawks, owls, dolphins, whales among other species are often spotted.
- 3 different social areas for relaxation and reading
- 16 beautiful and comfortable tents, 53 m2 (570 square foot).
- Tent 20m2 (215 sq. ft.), bathroom 10m2 (108 sq. ft.) and terrace 23m2 (248 sq. ft.)
- 4 Tents equipped with king size bed
- 12 Tents equipped with twin full size beds
- Hot-water tempered glass showers.
- The beautifully decorated and very comfortable tents will be set up in the middle of our forest and the Pacific Ocean, where you will find the peace and tranquility only Galapagos can offer you.
- Scalesia Lodge is a new concept of lodging in the Galapagos Islands, it has been designed to connect you with nature and allow you to explore and enjoy Galapagos at its best.
OPERATES ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK FOR 3D/2N, 4D/3N, 5D/4N
AM: Tintoreras / PM: Los Humedales and Tortoise Breeding Station.
Morning visit to the Tintoreras, an islet formed by lava flows located 10 minutes by dinghy from Puerto Villamil. Its name comes from the white tip reef sharks called in Spanish “Tintoreras” which are frequently seen in this area. Different species of animals can be seen in the area as sea lions, marine iguanas and penguins. This is a perfect place to practice snorkeling. Return to the hotel by lunch time.
In the afternoon visit los Humedales, a complex with various trails where you can find the four species of mangroves existing in Galapagos. This area is characterized by solitary beaches, lava tunnels, natural pools and estuaries where you can see flamingos and other birds. You will also visit the Turtle breeding center where the National park is breeding turtles in danger of extinction. Some of this giant turtles have been released by the park and can be found on the trails.
Overnight at Scalesia Lodge. (B,L,D)
Tintoreras Tour: Accompanied with a private guide